Thursday, May 13, 2010

Egg Sandwich and Raspberries.

Today was destined to be a good day from the start, seeing as I woke up to the delicious smell of eggs making its way into my nostrils. Even though I was up an hour earlier than usual, the eggs made me forget about how hard it should be for me, a teenager, to awake this early.
I had to wake up earlier today because I had a 9:00 meeting with a couple different marketing teams where they presented what they had been working on for the past several months. Each group talked about what they had already put in market in terms of ads and campaigns, the results from those campaigns, and stuff they were planning to release shortly. Overall, it seems that Digitas has some pretty smart people and some pretty revolutionary ideas in terms of advertising.
One of the main topics of the meeting was the integration being done with social media sites like Facebook and Youtube. I was very surprised by how much work was put on these sites that I take for granted.
After a quick 30 minute break, I went into a meeting with (censored) from analytics. Here I learned how they track not only when people click the ads, but also those who see it and choose to navigate back later to check it out. Either way, they know what ad you saw that gave them your business. Its crazy stuff.
A few other meetings followed this, including one where I learned that Digitas actually uses code words for new upcoming projects. If one were to even mention the real name within the building, there could be consequences. Talk about the final word! (Pun very much intended)

1 comment: