Sunday, May 23, 2010

Last week.

What did you learn this week?
This week involve a lot of use for my time management skills. While I did have some meetings, there where nowhere near as many as I had last week. This meant that I was left with a lot more time to work on my case studies. This meant that I also had to learn what Digitas’s definition of case studies.
Did you like what you were doing?
Very much so. One of the most interesting things I did was checking material for errors before it shipped. For example, web sites and mail ads were some of the things that I was asked to look at. This interested me particularly because I could view stuff way in advance of when regular consumers could. Needless to say, I can’t talk about anything I have gleaned.
Why do you suppose you were asked to do a certain activity?
I think it is pretty obvious as to why I was asked to check materials. Had anything shipped with mistakes on it, it would have cause Digitas and the company they were representing a great deal of embarrassment. This happens from time to time in the industry and is very bad. It is for this reason that everything that Digitas does is checked over by hundreds of eyes before it goes out.
Did everything happen as you expected it would or were there some surprises?
The main surprise this week was me being stricken my sickness on Friday. We are pretty sure it was the flu, and as I am writing this I am in bed trying to get better. Sadly, my illness made me miss a very interesting day at the office, including a lunch out with the boys. It also got me a little behind in my case studies.
How will you benefit from this week’s activities?
Yet again, I have learned much from this week at Digitas. I have also made more contacts this week, including a couple people quite high up in Digitas. These people could be very useful if later on down the road I need another internship or even a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment